11. Special Products
fmSpecials, fmFastProductsSearch - Special Products Section
On Special products page you can configure appearance of a product in the list of special items.
You can find Special Products Section Icon at Main menu/Store.
You can use Main Menu drop-down list to enter Special Products Section as well.
To perform basic operations with Featured products you can use an appropriate toolbar:
Or use any of Featured Products context menu:
You can perform such basic operations with Special products as:
- Add Special product - standard Search Product form appears.
- If you type a few letters of Product's name or model in "Text to Search" field, the Manager will show you a list of products that match your request.
- You may wish to specify a smaller number of rows to display results, which speeds up the search. If the product you're looking for is included in the search results, please specify greater number of rows and Click Force Refresh button.
- If you doubleclick on any product in the search results, it'll be added to Specials list.
- Please note that products cannot be opened here for editing. If you wish to edit any specific product, go to Catalog -> Categories & Products section.
- "Refresh" data button forces Specials list update. It is useful when you're changing connection or have any doubts e.g. whether the latest data were displayed or not.
- By clicking on delete button you'll remove selected product only from the Specials list, not from the database.
- To Adjust columns width use Autosize icon.
Product will be displayed at your store as Special only when Special Status checkbox is checked. You can select which products from the list you'd like to be featured at this moment by a check-mark in Special Status or using [Check Selection]/[Uncheck Selection] icons.
Price field shows regular product price.
New price - the price for a product when it's featured at your store as Special (special price).
Expires Date - After this date Special status will not be valid. You can set date when you'd like to stop displaying this product as Special. If the Special Status box is unchecked, expiration date doesn't matter - the product is already not listed.
Date added - shows the exact date when the product was added to Special list.
Last modified - the date you made last changes in this product status.
Date status change - automatically shows time when Special status was changed (you can see it current meaning in the box right under Date Status Change option). Please note that even if you manually set this date, it won't change product status.