4. Product Attributes Management
AttributeEdtDialog, fmProducts, fmEditAttributesExt - Product Attributes Management
You can find exactly the same options to edit CRE Loaded Product Attributes in two places. The first is Attributes page in Edit product window (see above). The other is to look in the Product Attributes Section on the main Categories & Products page.
However, you can hide this section if you wish or bring it back out at any time.
Basic Operations (Add, Edit, Delete)
In CRE Loaded product attributes section you can find some options similar to Basic product operations (add, edit, delete) which you can perform with the help of Product attributes toolbar.
- "Add new product attributes" calls blank Edit Attribute form, which is used to create a new product. "Edit Product" dialog pages are described below.
- To edit product attribute you can double click on it in the Product Attributes Section. "Edit attribute" form will appear.
- First of all, you can "Enable drop list editing"
- If you want to add any CRE Loaded Attribute parameter value to the dropdown list click on a dropdown, press [Insert] button and type in new option or value. Please note: inserted Option/Value name in a dropdown can not only be deleted, but also edited. Just double-click on it or press [Enter] button.
- An CRE Loaded attribute is basically a specific value of some option. So Option is the first attribute parameter to be set.
- Every option has its own values. You cannot set a value unless you chose an option. Store Manager has some default Options and their Values that you may use.
- "Prefix" option sets price modification if any are used. It can be "+" : if this product attribute is selected, then some extra charge (specified in "Price" field) will be added to basic product price;
- "-" prefix will subtract the amount specified in "Price" field from the basic product price. If you don't need to make any price changes, simply leave the prefix field blank;
- "Price" option has a calculator in a dropdown for your convenience. If prefix value is left blank, the amount you specify here will be subtracted from regular price for selected product;
- "File" option allows downloading resource file. There are two buttons to edit file. This one is used to browse contents of your local folders. When you press OK button on product edit form it will be uploaded to "Downloads directory" on FTP. When local file is selected, this field will display local image path, that will look like this - C:\My Products\some_download.rar. Local file path will be replaced with file name some_download.rar right after upload.
- This button is used to select some remotely-stored file. It's performed by browsing contents of FTP folder specified as "Downloads directory";
- "Max days": sets maximum number of days when product is available for download. Let's say customer can download a product up to 31 days after purchase (see a screenshot);
- "Max count": sets maximum number of times product can be downloaded. Customer can download a product up to 5 times after purchase according to sample settings (see a screenshot);
- Zero value in Max Days and Max Count Parameters means unlimited. Let's take a look at the example shown above. If a customer downloads the file only 3 times before the 31-day period runs out, he won't be able to download it again. And if a customer downloads the file 5 times in 10 days, he won't be able to download it again as well;
- Also you can "Delete Selected Attribute(s)" from your store. You won't be able to undo delete this option, unless you've made a Database backup.
Copy And Paste Attributes Using Clipboard
You can copy the selected CRE Loaded attribute to the Clipboard and Paste it at any other CRE Loaded product attribute page. In case you have multiple stores you can Paste this attribute to any product at the other store (after you change the connection in Tools -> Quick connection switch). Please note that you need to use special icons on Attributes toolbar.
Extended Attribute Editor
Extended attribute editor allows you to make changes to all product attributes at once:
Check specific attributes, which you want to be applied to this product. Attribute and value names cannot be edited in this window, since all possible combinations are listed. To edit other features double click on its cell.
At the bottom of CRE Loaded Product Attributes page you can find standard Up and Down buttons. Such Attribute order feature is not available in standard CRE Loaded store, so you need to install a contribution in order to have this option. You can find Attribute order update here. If you've installed it already, click on Attributes Editor button. You can move selected attributes using [Up] and [Down] buttons in Extended Attributes window that will appear.