7. Featured Products
fmFeatured, fmFastProductsSearch - Featured Products Management
Featured products will be available if you have Featured Products CRE Loaded contribution Installed. This contribution can be found here. Otherwise your Featured Products Page icon will be "grayed out", meaning that the page is not available.
Also this page is not available while using Embedded database.
On Featured products page you can configure appearance of a product in the list of featured items. Adding a product to this list doesn't automatically feature product in the store. It gives you an opportunity to edit product's Featured status.General layout of this page is as follows:
You can find Featured Products Icon in Catalog/Store/Featured Products.
You can use Main Menu drop-down list to enter Featured Products Section as well.
To perform basic operations with Featured Products you can use an appropriate toolbar:
Or use any of Featured Products context menus:
The basic operations are:
- Add featured products.
- When you click on Add Featured icon , standard Search Product form appears.
- If you type a few letters of Product's name or model in "Text to Search" field, the Manager will show you a list of products that match your request.
- You may wish to specify a smaller number of rows to display results, which speeds up the search. However, when the product you're looking for is listed in search results, you have to specify greater number of rows and Click Force Refresh button.
- If you doubleclick on any product in the search results, it'll be added to a featured list.
- Please note that products cannot be opened here for editing. If you wish to edit any specific product, go to Catalog -> Categories & Products section.
- "Refresh" data button forces featured products' list to update. It is useful when you're changing connection or have any doubts e.g. whether the latest data were displayed or not.
- By clicking on delete button you'll remove selected product from the featured list only, not from the database.
- To Adjust columns width use Autosize icon.
Product will be displayed at your store as Featured only when Featured Status checkbox is checked. You can select which products from the list you'd like to be featured at this moment by a check mark in Featured Status Column or using [Check Selection]/[Uncheck Selection] icons.
Expires Date - After this date Featured status will not be valid. You can set date when you'd like to stop displaying this product as featured. If the Featured Status box is unchecked, expiration date means nothing as the product is already not in the list.
Date added - represents the date, when the product was added to featured list.
Last modified - the date you made've last changes in this product status.
Date status change - automatically shows time when Featured status was changed (you can see its current meaning in the box right under Date Status Change option). Please note, that even if you manually set this date, it won't change product status.