2. Export Categories
Export categories wizard will help you export your categories from CRE Loaded to comma-separated values file (.csv) which can be easily opened in MS Excel or other application for detailed analysis.
To start Import/Export you need to click button, which starts Import/Export Categories Wizard.
- Select "Export" and click "Next >" to proceed.
- Store Manager can export categories to .csv file. You should enter the file name or select file to replace the current one.
- On the next page you can see some general export options.
- Categories you'd like to export - Default setting for this option is to export all CRE Loaded categories at current store. If you wish to export products only from the category shown below, select Only from current category and it's subcategories option. If you wish to export products only from specific category, you have to make sure that category is open before you run the Wizard.
- Export image name. You have to select whether to export image names as they are in categories (database): some_image.jpg when AS IS option need to be checked, or if you select Full option, image name field will contain URL that can be opened in a browser.
- Group fields by language option can be used if your store is running in more than one language and Export only current language option is unchecked. This option will group fields in export file by language: all fields in current language will be placed first and then Fields in second (third, etc.) language will follow them.
- Export only current language option is useful if your store is running in more than one language. You can switch languages by pressing [Ctrl]+[L] key combination or in Tools->Store Language. If this option is unchecked - all languages will be exported.
- Delimiter Character. The most popular delimiters are comma (,), semicolon (;) and tab character ( ), however other symbols can be used as well. File for export is usually generated for further import.
- Quote string values are used to separate strings in CSV file.
- Category Delimiter. This is not native .csv setting, it is used only in Store Manager.
- As you know categories are organized in a form of a tree, where one category may contain one or more subcategories and subcategory may be divided into one or more other categories. Category delimiter character is used to separate category names and specify full category tree path for given product. Category path is very similar to directory path, which is used to specify full file name in Windows, where every directory is separated by backslash (\) character like the one shown in the example - C:\Program Files\eMagicOne\Store Manager for X-Cart\.
- Enable Export field names as first row if you need one.
- All available fields are listed in the left pane. Select fields you want to be exported and click ">" button to move them to the right pane. If you'd like to export all fields simply press ">>".
- Tip: The order in which columns will be saved in .csv file can be changed. To do this you can move exported columns up and down using corresponding buttons.
- Preview Export. On the last page of CRE Loaded Category Export Wizard you can preview the result.
- Attention! When you press "Export" Button, export process will start! This process may take some time.
- If you don't want to perform any action after saving export data, use "Just close this window" option and Wizard will be automatically closed when you press Finish button. If you want to open a directory containing result file, check corresponding option. Open result file option allows you to see export file opened in Excel.
- Now CRE Loaded Category Export procedure is completed.