2. Edit Product
fmEditProduct - Edit Product Form.
To edit CRE Loaded product you can double click on it or use "Edit product" button. It calls Edit Product form for selected product.
The availability of some of the "Edit Product" dialog pages depends on whether you have an appropriate contribution installed or not. For example, Products X-Sell page is not available if you don't have appropriate contribution installed.
Generally Store Manager has the following Edit Product pages:
Main Page contains general information about the product. If you are creating a new CRE Loaded Product, pay attention to the fields marked with *. Those fields are required and others may be left blank or with default meanings.
- Date available - date to start publishing current CRE Loaded product at your store. Default setting is same as Date added.
- Date added - date, when the product was created. Date added fills in automatically when you’re adding a new product to your CRE Loaded store.
- In stock - check if product is available at your store.
- Name, Model - in this field write the name and model in the way you want them to appear on the store page.
- Categories - One product may be assigned to multiple categories. To assign product to some category click, and select a category from drop-down. To remove selected category from the list click.
- Manufacturer, Tax class, Quantity, Price (Net), Gross, Currency and Weight are standard product properties. Drop-down lists allow you to select or calculate values.
- Image - Select an Image by clicking:
- to browse contents of your local folders and select an image. When you press OK button on edit form it will be uploaded to "Images directory" on FTP. When local image is selected, this field will display local image path, which will look like this C:\My Images\some_image.jpg. But local image path will be replaced with image name some_image.jpg right after upload.
- to select some image stored remotely. It may be done by browsing contents of FTP folder specified as "Images directory".
- to open Image Resize Rules window. You can add or delete rules if you need.
- Click Ok to upload file.
- Uploads directory is used to select some directory for CRE Loaded downloadable products. It's done by browsing contents of FTP .
- URL (without http://) - This option allows you to place a link to product manufacturer's site. For example, if you're selling Dutch tulips the link should take to Some Garden in Holland.
- Raw HTML Edit mode - allows you to see the description in HTML code, when this option is checked. All modifications to HTML will be saved "as they are", without any corrections. If this option is unchecked, Store manager will use WYSIWYG HTML Editor. Please note that the ActiveX control may implicitly modify HTML code and insert unexpected formatting.
- Description - Specify product descriptions exactly the way they are going to appear on the appropriate CRE Loaded product page.
- Edit HTML button - shows new HTML editor window of product description. It has 2 tabs: HTML and Code, and Properties Toolbar. Source preview is useful if you are working directly with "raw" HTML text, which gives you precise control over the tags used in the page. However, by default, you can still work with objects visually.
- View Product Page - Specify Product Page URL here. To make sure the link is generated correctly, go to Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced and find this line at the bottom:
- You can uncheck "Same as database host" and type your store URL if it is not the same as your Database host.
Click Ok to save this entry and to close Edit Product form, click Apply to save changes and to proceed or click cancel to discard this entry. Also you can save changes automatically and go to the next/previous product using "<" or ">" button.
Language page(s) appear if you're using some language(s) other than your store's Language. In this way you are able to input all text that is going to appear on the page using Edit product window. This page's options are actually an extract from general page's options, such as Product name, URL to product page, Product Description and Edit HTML option.
Please note that General page settings will appear in your store language (In our Example its English) which you set in Tools -> Store language.
Additional Images Tab
With the help of this tab you can add as many images as you wish. This will help you to show detailed product image on your store.
Quantity Price Breaks
With the help of this tab you can arrange different prices depending on the quantity - wholesale trade.
You can find exactly the same option to edit CRE Loaded Attributes in two places. The first is Attributes tab in the Edit product window. The other is in the Product Attributes Section on the Main Categories & Products Page.
Learn more about product attributes below.
Please note that this page will be available if you have Featured Products contribution Installed. On this page you can configure appearance of a current product in the list of featured items.
If you want to add a CRE Loaded product to the list of featured items simply check Add to FEATURED option. It doesn't automatically feature product at the store, but makes it available in Featured List. It gives you an opportunity to edit product's Featured status in Featured section, along with other featured products. There you can set time, when the product has active featured status (is featured), which equals to checking Featured status checkbox in this window.
The next options are set automatically:
- Date added - represents the date, when the product was added to featured list.
- Last modified - the date, when you've made last changes in this product status.
- Date status change - automatically shows time when Featured status was changed (you can see it current meaning in the box right under Date Status Change option). Please, note that even if you manually set this date, it won't change product status.
- Date expired - After this date Featured status will not be valid. You can set date when you'd like to stop displaying this product as featured. If the Featured Status box is unchecked, expiration date is of no importance as the product is already not in the list.
Product will be displayed at your store as Featured only when Featured Status checkbox is checked.
On this page you can configure appearance of current CRE Loaded product in the list of special items. It is similar to Featured Page, except the fact it has several additional New Price lines.
Add to SPECIALS option doesn't automatically make product Special at the store, but makes it available in Specials List. It gives you an opportunity to edit product's Special status in Specials section, along with other special products. There you can set time, when the product has active Specials status (is Special), which equals to checking Specials status checkbox in this window. You can specify:
- Date added - indicates when the product was added to specials list.
- Last modified - the date you made last changes in this product status.
- Date status change - automatically shows time when Specials status was changed (you can see its current meaning in the box right under Date Status Change option). Please, note that even if you manually set this date, it won't change product status.
Product will be displayed at your store as Special only when Specials Status box is checked.
You can find product ID and the product viewed number on this page. Product ID is a unique product identification that cannot be edited.
This page depends on whether additional contributions installed on your CRE Loaded store. If there's a contribution that has any connection to product-related database fields, it will be shown on this page.
You can add or delete X-Sell (Cross-sell) products for current product as well as substitute one X-Sell product with another (double click on it). You can find the same options to edit X-Sell products on the Edit product window and on the Main Cross-sell (X-Sell) CRE Loaded Products Page.
After you click on Add X-sell product or double click on existing X-sell product you'll see a Search form.
If you type a few letters of Product name, which you wish to make X-sell and wait for a few seconds, the Manager will show you a list of products that match your request.
You may specify a smaller number of rows to display results, which speeds up the search. However, when the CRE Loaded product you're looking for is listed in the search results, you have to specify greater number of rows and Click Force Refresh button.
If you double click on any product in the search results, it'll be added to the X-Sell products list.